Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Thursday, May 5, 2011

92 - "Executive Decision" (1996)

     I really didn't want to see this movie when it came out. I saw that Steven Seagal was in it and I'm just not in to the type of movies he makes. You will not find a lot of his work in my list, just to give you a heads up. But I remember renting it on videotape when it came out just to give me something to watch and boy was I surprised. This is a very exciting film and well made. It's not even really a Seagal film per se. I don't want to spoil anything but I will say that Seagal is not even in half the running time of the movie. This shocked me and because of it the movie was nothing like I thought it would be. The story is about a group of terrorists who hijack a plane traveling from Greece to Washington, D.C. They claim they are going to help a comrade escape US custody but a US intelligence expert named David Grant (Kurt Russell) believes there are other motives for their mission. A large amount of poison has gone missing and Grant believes the terrorists intend to use the poison to blow up the plane over Washington causing a massive death toll. Seagal is Lt. Col. Austin Travis who leads a group of counter-terrorist soldiers on a mission to take back the plane while it is in flight and take out the terrorists. I won't reveal anything else, how all of this accomplished is pretty neat to witness and I don't want to spoil anything. Executive Decision is pretty intense at times and should provide a solid two hours for anyone out there who needs their action/suspense fix.

No comments: