Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Monday, May 9, 2011

87 - "The Dark Knight" (2008)

     I've never been a big fan of movies based on comic books. While I consider myself a nerd in general I just never got into comic books so the movies that are inspired by them don't usually connect with me. I'm not a fan of the Spiderman movies at all. Don't care to even see things like X-Men or The Hulk. The Christopher Reeves Superman films are okay but I don't hold them in high regard....The one exception for some reason is the character of Batman. I've enjoyed several of the Batman movies and Dark Knight is one of the best movies I have seen since the 2000's started. Christian Bale stars as Batman but this is the late Heath Ledger's movie as he steals every scene as Batman's primary nemesis, The Joker. The plot is simple really, Batman teams with Lt. Jim Gordon and DA Harvey Dent to take down a criminal organization that is plaguing the streets of Gotham. The organization is lead by the dreaded Joker who terrorizes everyone, even other criminals. That's the plot, pure and simple. The movie is action packed throughout and was a beauty to see on the big screen. One of the best films of recent memory in my opinion.
(While they are not on the list, I also highly recommend the Batman films featuring Michael Keaton)

No comments: