Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Thursday, May 26, 2011

64 - "The Goonies" (1985)

      I wanted to be one of the goonies so bad when I first saw this film at 10 years old. At that time in my life I loved reading adventure books about kids searching for treasure and stuff like that, so when I saw this movie it really hooked me and has been a favorite ever since. I feel this is a movie that most have seen so I won't waste my time on plot details but if you haven't seen it for any reason, get with it and put The Goonies in your Netflix queue or get it however you get movies. It's a true classic. The cast is strong from top to bottom with Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman, Sean Astin, Jeff Cohen, Jonathan Ke Quan, Martha Plimpton and Kerri Green being the stars of the film, all adding their unique personality to their respective roles. Former NFL player and World Strongman contestant John Matuszak has the unforgettable role of Sloth, a deformed figure with a big heart who befriends Chunk (Cohen) and helps the goonies accomplish their adventure and find the loot. The Goonies also features some great action at times and there are parts where there is definitely an Indiana Jones vibe to the film which ups the excitement. There's not much more to say. If you have seen it, you probably loved it. If you haven't, what are you waiting for? Go find it.

No comments: