Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Saturday, July 9, 2011

1 - "Star Wars" (1977)

     Shocking!!! Okay, anybody that has known me for more than about five minutes should have known what was number one on my list. Star Wars has been a part of my life from as early as I can remember. It came out when I was 2 years old, so I basically grew up with these movies. My earliest theater experience that I can remember is my Uncle Larry taking me to see The Empire Strikes Back in 1980, when I was five. I had almost every toy that came out and I would have epic battles in my room or in the backyard. If the yard in my parents house was ever dug up there would almost certainly be many remnants of figures that were victims during the great wars of my childhood. Thinking back on those days, life was just simpler then. It's for that reason why Star Wars is still such a huge part of my life today. I still have toys lying around. I have multiple versions of the movies on dvd and vhs (and soon to be Blu-ray!!). I go to conventions and hang out with "those" people who dress up. Having all of that stuff in my life appeals to that kid in me that I still have, and I hope I always have. I hope that I live to a nice old age and at that age, I hope I still love Star Wars as much as I did when I was five years old. It's a love that a lot of people don't understand, and that's perfectly fine. I just hope people out there are as passionate about "something" as I am about Star Wars. If you are, no matter how odd it may seem to others, always hang on to that passion.
      I think a basic plot synopsis is pretty useless in this case. If you are interested, you've probably already seen the movie. If you've always avoided these films, what I say probably isn't going to sway you. So it's useless. I think what I will do is answer that question I get a lot from people, "What's your favorite Star Wars film?". I figure this is the best forum to put that information out there for good. So in order, here is how I would rank them:
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope (the "original", for the non-fans out there)
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones
    So there they are, that's how I would rank them. But don't put a lot of stock in it, I still love Attack of the Clones even though it's last. I would still rather watch that than most things out there. It lacks the heart that something like Empire Strikes Back has, at least in my opinion it does, but they are all part of one big story, and that's the story that I love. And it's the story that will always be a part of me, and I'm happy with that.

No comments: