Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Friday, June 24, 2011

40 - "A Christmas Story" (1983)

     There's no better time of year for me than Christmas time. Families, decorations, presents, carols....and the 24 hours of A Christmas Story marathon on TBS!! Whoever was the first person that decided to do that should be given a medal. What a brilliant idea. A Christmas Story is a favorite among almost everyone I talk to. In fact, I can't remember ever having someone say they disliked it. A plot description is pretty pointless I would think. Unless you have been living under a rock you have probably seen this movie quite a bit. As I talked about my connection to my toys a couple of reviews ago (Toy Story), I have a similar attachment with Ralphie and Christmas in this movie. To this day I still get a little wide-eyed with delight when December rolls around. While I never had a bb gun, which was Ralphie's object of desire, I had my share of big Christmas gifts that made me feel for a short time like I was king of the world. I think perhaps my basketball hoop or my C.H.I.P.S. Patrol Big Wheel (I was Ponch!!) would be the equals to me of the Red Ryder gun. Great memories. A Christmas Story is simply a joy of a film to watch and if by any chance you haven't seen it, make it a priority this coming holiday season. A classic in every sense of the word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good