Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Friday, March 30, 2012

Movie Review - "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" (2011) *

     I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this movie. I was bored of out my mind watching it and don't want to fall asleep again while typing about it. It's the story of Caesar, a chimpanzee who is raised as basically a son by a scientist (James Franco). After being given an experimental drug, Caesar's intelligence increases rapidly to human-like proportions. After an incident, Caesar is taken from the man and placed in a sanctuary with other apes. We learn that captivity is wrong and Caesar convinces the other primates to rise up against their captors which ultimately could change the world forever. Or something like that. I don't know.

    Yes, I'm being very sarcastic talking about this. I'm sorry, I just got nothing out of this movie and it's two hours of my life that I can't get back. Some of the special effects are nice so that gives it one star. But nothing about the story or acting appealed to me at all. If you have seen other films in this series which span back many years, give it a shot I guess. It wasn't for me.

    Also, for those who thought Andy Serkis should have received an Oscar nod as Casesar...really? I believe there is obviously a place in cinema for the motion capture work he performs and he is one of the best at what he does, but that alone is not worthy of Oscar. Just my opinion.

No comments: