Famous Movie Quotes

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Jurassic Park



Monday, April 4, 2011

Movie Review - "Due Date" (2010) *

     I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about this film. I really was expecting this to be a lot of fun. I enjoyed The Hangover very much and with this movie coming from the same director, Todd Phillips, and one of the primary stars, Zach Galifianakis, I was sure this would be a winner. Boy was I ever wrong. I found this film painful to sit through. It wants to be Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, a movie that I believe is one of the funniest ever made, but it fails on so many levels to match the humor and the heart that Planes has. Due Date just simply didn't make me laugh. There were a couple of scenes that got a chuckle or two, primarily one that takes place in a Western Union office with Danny McBride, but these scenes are few and far between. I recognize the talent that Robert Downey Jr. has and I understand why some people love him, but he has just never connected to me that much and here is no different. I just feel he is miscast in this role. I don't know, there are probably a lot of people who will disagree with me on this movie, but I will always give my honest opinion and I think this is a waste of time. If you're going to be a comedy, you have to make me laugh. Due Date didn't succeed in that.

No comments: